Session 26 – 02/03/2016
No good notes here but the group basically finds the dragonscale carved into the shape of a skull for Voragamanthar and he sends them back to their bodies as they are being prepared for a funeral pyre in Waterdeep. It seems as if the caravan made it without them on the final stretch! Everyone witness to their revival is astonished! In an attempt to cure Leucis of his old age from a banshee shriek they seek out a cleric.
The cleric cures Leucis and also accidentally conjures a tongueworm that attaches to Geth’s tongue stump. He is now able to speak again but man is that thing weird!
- Your material bodies
- Geth gets a Tongue worm
- The Scale skull of Ebondeath (given to Voragamanthar though)
- Soul Bound to Voragamanthar! How fun.
- Completed Voragamanthar’s Ritual
- 500 XP per character
Session 25 – 01/13/2016
The group searches for the Skull that Voraghamanthar seek and encounter a wandering spirit. They get to work slaying the spirit without questioning it and realize quickly that this is not the only foe that lurks in the Mere. A spider appears and disappears out of thin air appearing to teleport around the swamp. Geth becomes posessed twice by running headfirst into battle. Will they find the items they seek and return back to their material form? What does the strange crystal do that Leucis holds?
- Spider and Spirit battle 1800 XP
- 450 XP total per character
Session 24 – 12/30/2015
After several days travel from Dragonspear the Caravan is assaulted by Giant Spiders and Ettercap. They mean to make a meal from some of the Caravan horses. Eldkin takes two swings with her war axe and smashes the giant spider’s 8 beady eyes with her shield. Another looks to overtake her and does so by spinning it’s web pinning her to the ground. Our heroes come and make short work while trying to stop the Ettercap from making off with the caravan horses. They stop one but the other scurries off into the black of the forest.
Eldkin screams to the heroes, “GET THOSE HORSES! DON’T YOU BE WORRIN’ ABOUT ME NOW!” They heed her call and into the forest they go. Leucis finds the Ettercap nest shortly after Geth surveys the situation but what catches Leucis’ eyes send the 4 friends on a journey to a nightmarish land. Before their souls are sucked into the magical orb they see a red-robed man who lets them know how happy he is for them to have fallen into the trap he has set. All the group knows is that the Cult of the Dragon seemingly had known about the intentions of all 4 adventurers. It was quite easy really since the group hadn’t sought more covert ways of finding out about where the cultists were taking all of their loot.
In a grey fog with spirits wandering about the 4 assess the situation. Leucis is glowing gold and Geth can talk! A portal appears to be closing quickly. Perhaps the trap didn’t go off exactly as planned? Quick wits about him, Leucis attempts to alter the portal and aiming for Mount Celestia where he was hoping to find Bahamut. The four jump through and the sky clear, one might say perfect, skies turn to muck and gloom. A loud and serpentine voice calls out, “Dooooo you sssssmeeellll that?!?” Suddenly, a gust of wind, muck, and bog debris kicks up like a terrible storm out of no where. Moments later a Black Dragon ambushes the four with it’s acid breath only for him (and our heroes) to find that they are unaffected. In addition he claims to not even see the 4 standing in plain sight before him. The dragon confused leaves and then seemingly teleports behind the group and exclaims, “I CAN SSSSSEEEEEE YOU!” Leucis knows exactly where they have landed once the Voraghamanthar, the Black Death, reveals his name. They have jumped planes to find themselves hundreds of miles north of the caravan destination. With little choice the Black Dragon tasks the group with finding a Skull he is looking for in the marshes and he promises to return them to their normal states if they find the item.
Now we find our adventurers without material bodies and blinded by the light found on the Material Plane. A place that was once comforting, now puts them in anguish as they roam the marsh.
- Spider/Ettercap Battle 1200
- 300 xp per character
- Finding the Ethereal Plane and attempting to hack the portal to Celestia 200 xp per character!
Session 23 – 12/09/2015
The Caravan stops at Dragonspear for some much needed rest. Like many caravan stops, it is not out of the ordinary for folks to join at major towns along the Trade Way.
The caravan circles up and evening festivities begin after a long uneventful day of travel. Songs are playing and tales are being told. Two peculiar twin sisters, Arietta and Zelina Innevar, seem to be interested in anyone and everyone.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Especially those who have heroic stories to share! Our heroes knew something wasn’t quite right with the two sisters but don’t have the energy to investigate more. Tired and wary the group beds down for the night.Hours later, a few of the heroes are startled awake by screams coming from the woods. They wake the other heroes and let Eldkin know they were headed in to see what the commotion is about. Eldkin, too drunk to care,dismisses the group and continues to snooze.
With Geth’s glowing manhood leading the way, the party uncovers the evil secret that Arietta and Zelina were hiding. They were Doppelgangers who enjoyed feasting on adventurers. Everything from a hero’s likeness to his most personal memories are considered delicacies to the twins.
Unbeknownst to Arietta and Zelina, they begin their final feast. Our heroes make swift work of the two but the party is not without loss. The two doppelgangers probedour heroes thoughts and shape-shifted into eerily realistic memories of people they once knew…. All before the last breath is drawn we see Geth’s wolfpack, Falconhoof’s pregnant wife and finally Niende. Our heroes retire back to camp. Eldkin and others look upon all 4 of their distraught faces and the caravan merchants know they shouldn’t pry. None sleep well for the remainder of the night.
Many uneventful days pass as the caravan nears Daggerford. Last night’s smoldering campfire sparks a small flame as the morning sun rises. For our adventurers, this hasn’t exactly turned out to be the covert operation they set out to accomplish. One confirmed cultist is being held captive and is in tow. Where his stolen cargo was headed is still not known. Attempts to garner information have not been fruitful thus far as he would rather the heroes kill him before he gives up cult secrets.
Let’s take a look at that small morning flame shall we?
- Discovery that Falconhoof’s bow is filled with POWER!
- 1200 for the death of the twin sisters
- 300 per character
Session 22 – 11\24\2015
The caravan has moved on with Galass Bloodwine in tow and Sulsdeg the Pole at the watch. After a few nights and days, the caravan is stopped by Eldkin at the sight of something she feels bodes ill. A mysterious mound of dirt with a banner waving in the wind. After a bit of sneaking, they group realizes that there is a human body buried to the neck in the dirt. The banner and the man’s forehead are painted with the word “Oathbreaker”.
After some debate the group agrees to dig the man up. Eventually, Geth grows tired of digging and pulls the man out using his brute strength. Luecis finds that this man has a Harper’s Tattoo on his arm and connects with this man Carlon Amoffel. Jartek still wary of the situation Prays to Clangeddin and rolls his gem-inlaid sticks to find out that Clangeddin sees this act as an omen of good. Carlon is found in pretty bad shape and needs time to recover so he is kept in a cart with Eldkin and the caravan moves along.
Suddenly rain pours from the sky. The downpour continues for 2 days and nights. When the sky finally clears, people wake to cork sized mushrooms everywhere. A horse steps on one by accident and the shroom lets loose a shriek with a cloud of black dust. Geth and Falconhoof move to the front to see how far the mushrooms extend. A sparrow tells Geth that it’s for many human wagons beyond where they are. Falconhoof decides to make his way back and Geth continues on with the help of the performing troupe “The Protectors of the Trade Way.” Using broomsticks and Geth the group clears a path through the growing mushrooms. However, a couple of people come out of the situation with a deep aversion to mushrooms. Falconhoof isn’t too keen on them. Leucis can’t stand the sight of mushrooms after his encounter.
To end the night, a cozy Inn is found along the way. Wet, cold, and scared of mushrooms, the group attempts to find solace within the Inn walls. Leucis sneaks around back undetected but finds mushrooms in the cupboards! Geth attempts to pound down the doors while Falconhoof and Jartek diffuse the situation. 3 suspicious thugs have apparently rented the Inn out for the past few days. Carlon is brought to the window to confirm that these are not the men he was tracking.
The caravan moves on towards DAGGERFORD!
- Leucis now has an aversion to mushrooms
- 1200 for helping Carlon
- 1200 for getting out of the mushroom minefield
- 1200 for diffusing the situation at the inn
- Bonus 100 per player for great roleplay, diffusal of tense situations and creative solutions to problems!
- Total per player 1000
Session 21 – 11\18\2015
The group saves the mysterious shape shifting elf from certain death. He hands over a bow with unknown magical properties. Frulam Mondath dies at the hands of the group. Geth is clearly not happy with the outcome of the events and the fatal blow the ended Frulam’s life. Clearly this has shaken him.
The group brings Frulam’s lifeless body back to the caravan and all is revealed! The Protectors of the Trade Way are discovered to be nothing more than a traveling theater group. The armor they are wearing and the stories they told were extremely convincing but discovered once Arlek Ablehiemer’s prop sword and shield were destroyed.
After a liberal amount of back and forth Galass comes clean that he is part of the Cult of the Dragon. He is bound and force to travel in the back of Nyerhite Verther’s wagon that was once filled with luxury silks. The caravan makes it’s way over the Trollclaws with every sound causing fear and alarm. The recent developments of carrying a member of the Cult of the Dragon has started to weigh heavy on all of the travelers.
- Member of the Cult of the Dragon unveiled.
- 1350 for killing Frulam
- 100 for letting the sniveling guards live
- Bonus 400 for saving the Stag’s life!
- Total per player 463
Session 20 – 10\21\2015
- Mike Dies! He knew absolutely nothing about bugs other than he liked them.
- A few details about Mike’s death didn’t add up but the investigation is proclaimed solved by the Protectors of the Trade way.
- Galass Bloodwine is accused by the group for Mike’s death. He denies all charges.
- A golden stag is seen on the road and 2 hunters pursue the beasts. The group chases the stag and finds it in a grove.
- The stag has a message for Geth!
- An arrow slices through the air and hits the Golden Stag
- Mondath appears!
- a bow given to Geth…
- knowledge that the Emerald Enclave thinks it is best that the Book of Tiamat stays with the group.
- 1200 for finding the Golden Stag
- 300 per character
Session 19 – 10\14\2015
- The group discovers Mike the Bug Guy. Super nice dude that knows nothing about bugs!
- A cart overturns and Jewels are discovered by Mike and Falconhoof!
- Galass Bloodwine and Sulsldeg enlist Jartek to help fix the wagon
- Perytons follow the caravan for a few days before deciding to strike
-The Group make short work of the Perytons but not before one knocks Leucis unconscious for a hot moment.
- The self proclaimed Protectors of the Trade Way were no where to be seen during the fight…
- Peryton carcasses; Trophy Antlers
- 1200 for fixing the wagon wheel
- 1200 for Defending the Caravan
- 0 for finding Mike the Bug guy
- 600 per player
Session 18 – 10\7\2015
- Beyd and Falconhoof become friendly with one another
- A new adventuring group is welcomed aboard the caravan. 20 miles are clear of bandits!
- Geth stands off against Arlek Ablehiemer and his merry men claiming to be great defenders of the trade way.
- Tychel Vickkens beats his horse.
- Geth and Leucis stop Tychel and have a confrontation with Rory and Eiliries Fallstead.
- Jartek is making a list and checking it twice but finds some peculiar worms.
- Unidentified worms under the silk cart
- Discarded head in the bushes
- 1200 for Tychel the Noble and saving his horse
- 300 per player
Session 17 – 7/9/2015
- Falconhoof’s Caravan Job! 10gp per tenday; Bodyguard to Beyd Sechepol
- None; Geth was defeated in hand to hand wrestling vs. a female dwarf. Jartek was a bit turned on from it.
Session 16 – 7/2/2015
- Szass, Tiamat’s Flame, is snuffed out!
- Leucis’ siezes the book and causes conflict over this.
- It is discovered that the tome provides great power to Leucis!
- The Harpers and Order of the Gauntlet prefer not to keep such a powerful artifact.
- Falconhoof, Jartek, and Geth are all distrust the book.
- A messenger bird is sent to the Emerald Enclave to see if they will take the book.
- The group is tasked with infiltrating the Cult of the Dragon caravan headed North….
- Tome of Tiamat, Magnificent Red Ruby.
- Zsass Defeated: 2000
- The Red Swarm Broken: 2000
- Tome of Tiamat Reclaimed: 450
- Per Player: 1113
Session 15 – 06/25/2015
- The Woods of Sharp Teeth Wind around.
- The party picks up on the trail of Zsass
- The pit of snakes!
- After 10 hours they find Zsass but not without chasing a few kobolds
- Zsass is resurrecting a dragon!
XP AND LOOT
Session 14 – 6/14/2015
- Factions are joined!
- Falconhoof remains a lone ranger!
- The Defenders of Greenest are hot on the trail of Zsass, Tiamat’s Flame!
- Geth moves ahead and gets jumped!
XP AND LOOT
Session 13 – 6/7/2015
- Iriabor fends off the Red Swarm
- The Red Swarm Heads East?
The Woods of Sharp Teeth?
- A Kobold on fire?!? Related to the book? Leosin thinks so.
- The Cult of the Dragon doesn’t have the book.
- Factions! The Hapers, Order of the Gauntlet, and Emerald Enclave.
- Mission is to find the book first!
- Find the cultist caravan second!
- Letter from Frulam
- Letter to Jartek
- Offer to Join Factions
- 50 Giant lizard
- 900 2 Dragonclaw Elite
- 450 Guard Drake
- Per player: 350 XP